Things That Make You Go "Ha!"

1. Reading a book called "Are Men Necessary?" 360 pages (of nails-on-chalkboard irritating alliteration) later, I found out the question was rhetorical.

2. My brother told my friend and I that he went sailing the other day and ended up near a penguin reserve by Sea World. I'm not sure how this works, me being, well, over the age of 7 and all. He said that Sea World lets the penguins roam when they're not doing shows. Our minds immediately went to the scene. Penguins chilling in their own little utopia, then the boss calls. "Hey, Moe, we're on in 5. Get over here!"

3. My brother (same brother. he lives an adventurous life) asked me, completely straight-faced, if I've ever worn a diaper. As an adult. Apparently when you're 20 you'll really try anything once.

4. A Frenchman propositioned me. I think. (I wouldn't know. I don't generally get propositioned.) He asked me (in complete seriousness, I regret to inform you) if I wanted to be friends with benefits. Perhaps funnier is the fact that rather than freak out I pointed out that "um, don't you have to be friends first?" I blame it on his accent.

5. An email from one of my reporter (read: grammar-gifted) friends. It said: "Sounds like you’ve got a whirlwind of things going. I am impressed you’re dating like a maniac. Last time I talked to you you had discovered you were dating, like, a maniac. That’s a difference of only two commas, but a much more encouraging situation!"

It's the little things, people.

0 comments: