Yes, I Moved My Furniture Again

Every so often I suddenly move my furniture around. Because I share an apartment and realize that innocent standersby (read: my roommate) need not be subjected to my insanity, I keep it to my room. For two weeks now I had my furniture in the same place, but tonight I moved it all over again.

I read somewhere that when you move your furniture around, you let energy circulate. So tonight, to the sweet sounds of Galvez' "Monsters of Rock" mix, I let the energy do its thing. But really what I did was found a way to put incredible strain on my body (I'd probably be a few inches taller if I stopped this ritual) and procrastinated. But it was fun. Somehow, I seem to believe that if I just move my bed-here-dresser-there-couch-to-the-wall, this stack of manuscripts will read itself.

But it won't. Or so I'm told. So I'm going to have to look for an intern.

LIST OF THINGS LILLY WOULD LIKE IN AN INTERN:

1. cabana-boy good looks
2. portable cappucino machine and accompanying skills
3. good sense of humor. seinfeld bad. jon stewart good.
4. an innate understanding of the difference between "their" and "they're", particularly if English is his first language (hi Nicole!)
5. quality taste in music, as judged by me. iPods will be confiscated and searched. No one knows where I will draw the lines. This week I already offered amnesty to a guy friend with the best of Lisa Lisa & the Cult Jam and Linda Ronstadt. The fact that I can spell her name might have just implicated me. I swear, her duet on "I Don't Know Much" is the ONLY one I find bearable. Promise.
6. overarching desire to do my laundry while he's here.

People who list "Tuesdays With Morrie" and "The Alchemist" as favorite reads need not apply. And trust me, they will.

Ok, I realize that as I go on, this is starting to read more like a "dream boyfriend" list than a "dream intern" list. But it's late and hell, I deserve both.

And of course I can't forget #7: Strength to move furniture.

0 comments: