Call 1-900-Miss-Lilly because I"m psychic.

Ask anyone who knows me, and even a lot of people who don't know me, and they'll tell you that there are two musicians I don't shut up about. One is Madonna, ok, we've covered that. But the other one is Lewis Taylor. His are the albums I'd take if I got stuck on a desert island, his are the albums I put on when I"m not sure what I want to listen to next, his are the albums I rattle off as the most interesting recommendations I can make, his are the albums that inevitably put me in a good mood no matter how I was feeling before. His long Lovelight is one of my absolute favorites ever ever ever. Even a ridiculous cover of it by Robbie "Take That" Williams couldn't hold me down. I have been listening to Lewis Taylor since I listened to tapes. Which, granted, is ongoing, but you get what I mean. My first copy of his first album was from my cousin's cd onto a tape. DUBBED.

Well apparently I'm a psychic and the LA Weekly owes me $3.99 per minute.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/music/lets-get-lost/15854/

Sheesh. Give it 5 years. When you're all drooling over him at the Grammy's acting like he's the new Justin Timberlake, I'll be sitting back saying that phrase I love oh so much: I told you so.

0 comments: